Foreign Accent is a folk rock fusion band. Our music is based mostly on Hungarian folk. Our aim to play original folk melodies from all around the world.
5 past concerts
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2019: 21:00–21:40 Royal British Legion Social Club
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018: 20:00–20:40 The Malt Shovel
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2017: 21:00–21:40 White Lion Bar & Kitchen
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2016: 19:20–20:00 The Hop Pole
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2016: 14:50–15:30 The Hop Pole
OXJAM UNPLUGGED -THE FIRST PUBLIC EVENT OF OXJAM 2018!
Join us on Saturday 22nd September, for an evening of acoustic music at Middle Street Resource Centre.
Relax with a simple supper or snacks and a drink from the bar, whilst you listen to a wide ranging programme:
- A unique brand of Hungarian folk fusion from Foreign Accent
- Americana from The Cellotapes
- British/Celtic tunes and songs from the Beeston Ceilidh Collective
- And songs from popular troubadour and Oxjam regular Emma Bladon Jones.
Come along and help us on our way to break through the £100,000 barrier of money raised by our wonderful town!!
Available in advance from:
- Oxfam Books and Music on Beeston High Road (cash, cheques, cards)
- Online from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/445697 (+10% booking fee)
- Middle Street Resource Centre (cash preferred)
- Or on the door if available.
Tram and buses stop outside - some car parking on site or nearby
Door open 7.30pm
Middle Street Resource Centre, Middle Street, Beeston, NG9 2AR
HopPole full for Hungarian folk
Foreign Accent at the Hop Pole. They're amazing, come see their second set at 7.20pm!
Foreign Accent just started at The Hop Pole!
The Hop Pole is packing out just in time for the start of the next act: folk rock fusion band Foreign Accent.
The Beestonian issue 45 has a review of Foreign Accent, one of the bands playing Oxjam this year!
The Beeston Beats' reviewer was "utterly entranced" and described "their beautiful sound" as consisting "of an infusion of violin over plucked acoustic guitar, twinkling keyboards alongside a hauntingly emotive vocal".
Come and listen to Foreign Accent at the Hop Pole