Eight male singers, one acoustic guitarist, sweet 50s 60s harmonies, regular crowd-pleaders, looking forward to our fourth year at Beeston Oxjam.
Already members of the brilliant West Bridgford Social Singers, some of the men's section narcissistically decided that the world wasn't hearing enough of their voices, and they didn't care if the world disagreed. So they met up one Wednesday night in the autumn of 2011 and sang "Dream". They sort of liked it and haven't really stopped singing since...
Having started by stealing slots in the concerts of the West Bridgford Social Singers (did we mention that they are excellent?) they went on to supporting a new community choir in Beeston (also excellent) and then onto gigs of their own. While they are now happy to sing to an empty rehearsal room if they can go to the pub afterwards, they also are happy to support charity events, sing at weddings or other celebrations, in pubs, clubs, festivals and, well, pretty much anything, really.
They cut their first album in January 2014 and their second will be available in autumn 2015. They start the world tour as soon as the millionth disc is sold.
7 past concerts
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018: 19:00–19:40 White Lion Bar & Kitchen
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2017: 19:00–19:40 The Star Inn
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2016: 21:40–22:20 The Hop Pole
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2016: 19:50–20:30 The Star Inn
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2016: 14:00–14:30 Beeston Methodist Church Chilwell Rd
- Oxjam Beeston 2015: 18:50–19:30 The Hop Pole
- Oxjam Beeston 2015: 14:00–14:40 The Malt Shovel
Great band but venue way too overcrowded. Nobody checking wristbands on door.
Lewis Stainer from Be Seen Photography has created this video showing the highlights of the Oxjam Beeston Takeover, with an impressive variety of artists and venues!
Oldish Spice at the Methodist Church. Photo: Chris Frost
Dining along country roads with Oldish Spice