Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2019, 13:15–13:55 Will Underwood at Bendigo
About Will Underwood:
Will Underwood is a singer-songwriter based in Leicestershire. Will writes and performs a blend of Pop-Rock, Soul and Funk to create sometimes-mellow and sometimes-frantic but always catchy compositions. 2019 started big with the pop-funk track "Stars" played on BBC Introducing in January, and his second single “Drip” following in April. Now his newest release “Gimme My Heart Back” - equal parts sombre, hopeful and anthemic - is available via iTunes, Spotify, and all other major online music stores!
from your current location
We're delighted to welcome Bendigo as a first venue for Oxjam Beeston!
Named after formidable Victorian bare-knuckle boxer and local hero William “Bendigo” Thompson, Bendigo Lounge sure packs a punch (groan). We’re on High Road, right in the heart of Beeston, with a sprinkling of outdoor seating and lovely full width windows across the front that open right up. Behind our handsome bottle green and orange exterior is a warm, welcoming space where we serve a fantastic range of food and drinks (including full kids, gluten free and vegan menus), overlooked by some suitably dotty decor, including an impressive mural of our pugilistic friend. Knockout! Sorry, couldn’t resist.
What is it that people love best about Lounging? Is it the food? The cocktails? Our lovely staff? Or the photo of the old boy on an airbed in his pants? Let’s see, shall we?
- The Malt Shovel, about 1 minute away, is playing music from 2.00pm to 12.00am
- The Pottle, about 1 minute away, is playing music from 1.30pm to 11.00pm
- The Circle Eatery, about 1 minute away, is playing music from 1.00pm to 12.00am
- The Bean, about 1 minute away, is playing music from 1pm to 4.30pm
- Greenhood, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 12.45pm to 4.15pm