Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2019, 14:30–15:00 Phil Matthews a.k.a. the Village at Totally Tapped
The spirit of Syd Barrett, Robyn Hitchcock and Andy Partridge permeate the music of pink sock wearing trilby hatted troubadour Phil Matthews a.k.a. the Village. The Village is a magical place for outsiders and oddballs.
Phil has built up a following around the Midlands live circuit winning hearts and minds with his performances.
Phil has written and performed with many bands over the years and the Village is his latest alter ego, with his music played on hundreds of radio stations worldwide and his album tracks streamed and downloaded thousands of times, while Always On Her Mind and Secret Garden from the album Carnival of Fools have both enjoyed lengthy spells at the top of the British folk rock chart compiled by N1M.com
About Totally Tapped:
from your current location
Micropub serving craft beers in cask, keg and bottle. Drink in or take home.
- Beeston Methodist Church Chilwell Rd, about 1 minute away, is playing music from 2.00pm to 6.00pm
- The Royal British Legion, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 6.00pm to 11.00pm
- The Crown Inn, about 3 minutes away, is playing music from 1.00pm to 6.00pm
- The Hop Pole, about 4 minutes away, is playing music from 1.30pm to 11.30pm
- The Berliner, about 4 minutes away, is playing music from 2.00pm to 12.00am