Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2019, 14:40–15:10 Time in Antarctica at The Malt Shovel
About Time in Antarctica:
Time in Antarctica is a Nottingham-based post-rock/electronic instrumental duo.
Originally Stewart’s solo piano-led project, Time in Antarctica was already notable on the local scene for his unique live show featuring films accompanying each song, and a competition-winning remix for This Human Condition.
Stewart’s desire to further expand his sound and live show lead to him joining forces with Duncan in early 2019. Duncan’s presence has allowed Stewart to return to his first and preferred instrument - the guitar. As a result, the sound of the band is evolving, and will look to take in elements of post-rock, sound tracks and ambient electronica. Despite the new approach, the music remains instrumental, and the emphasis is still very much on melodies that take the listener on a journey.
About The Malt Shovel:
from your current location
The Malt Shovel is one of the most conveniently situated pubs in Beeston, located just off Beeston High Street.
The Malt Shovel serves great food and has a wide variety of cask ales and ciders available.
Please note under 18s are not allowed in the Malt Shovel after 9pm.
- Bendigo, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 1.00pm to 12.00am
- Pottle, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 1.30pm to 11.00pm
- The Bean, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 1.00pm to 5pm
- Ciircle Eatery, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 2.00pm to 12.00am
- Greenhood, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 12.45pm to 4.15pm
The Malt Shovel stage is sponsored by John Flynn Opticians http://johnflynnopticians.co.uk