Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2019, 15:00–15:30 Karen Macleod at Greenhood
About Karen Macleod:
An accomplished fingerstyle guitarist and singer who plays an eclectic mix of country blues, ragtime, American folk and bluegrass songs as well as original songs and instrumentals.
As well as performing for local charities and at local events in Sherwood and Nottinghamshire, she has performed abroad and at various blues festivals around the country including the Great British Blues Festival at Colne and The Burnley Blues Festival where she supported Ian Seigal ( as part of a former duo, Sanders and Macleod ) and has also played at Glastonbury. She spent two years living in Appalachia, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia ( there's a song in there somewhere! ) before hoboing across the USA on freight trains. Only got caught twice... You can expect to hear influences of these experiences in her well crafted instrumentals and original songs. As the late Larry Johnson, "Ambassador of the Blues" said of her playing, "real clean pickin!"
from your current location
First speciality coffee house in Beeston, Nottingham set over two floors with a light bright spacious interior. Brew Bar. Retailer. We take care of coffee.
- The Malt Shovel, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 2.00pm to 12.00am
- Bendigo, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 1.00 to 12.00am
- Pottle, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 1.30pm to 11.00pm
- The Bean, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 1.00pm to 4.30pm
- The Circle Eatery, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 2.00pm to 12.00am.