Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2019, 18:00–18:40 The Rusty Gates at Bendigo
About The Rusty Gates:
This foot-stomping Americana three-piece are new on the scene for 2019. The band consists of singer-songwriters John Hardy and Marie Peach and the inventive enthusiasm of drummer, Dean Hart (ex-Redwood 58).
Acoustic licks & irresistible rhythms and harmonies pack a punch at The Rusty Gates eclectic live sets. Featuring tunes by Johnny Cash, Tom Waits, Hank Williams and the Steel Drivers as well as a few originals thrown in for good measure. Not to be missed!
from your current location
We're delighted to welcome Bendigo as a first venue for Oxjam Beeston!
Named after formidable Victorian bare-knuckle boxer and local hero William “Bendigo” Thompson, Bendigo Lounge sure packs a punch (groan). We’re on High Road, right in the heart of Beeston, with a sprinkling of outdoor seating and lovely full width windows across the front that open right up. Behind our handsome bottle green and orange exterior is a warm, welcoming space where we serve a fantastic range of food and drinks (including full kids, gluten free and vegan menus), overlooked by some suitably dotty decor, including an impressive mural of our pugilistic friend. Knockout! Sorry, couldn’t resist.
What is it that people love best about Lounging? Is it the food? The cocktails? Our lovely staff? Or the photo of the old boy on an airbed in his pants? Let’s see, shall we?
- The Malt Shovel, about 1 minute away, is playing music from 2.00pm to 12.00am
- The Pottle, about 1 minute away, is playing music from 1.30pm to 11.00pm
- The Circle Eatery, about 1 minute away, is playing music from 1.00pm to 12.00am
- The Bean, about 1 minute away, is playing music from 1pm to 4.30pm
- Greenhood, about 2 minutes away, is playing music from 12.45pm to 4.15pm