Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018
Part of Oxjam Beeston 2018
Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018 will feature a huge number of local artists and bands performing at venues across Beeston from midday to midnight.
Last year the festival raised a record breaking £22,000, bringing our running total of money raised for Oxfam since we started to a fantastic £85,000, and making Oxjam Beeston probably the most successful Oxjam in the country!
On the day wristbands are £12.
Students with NUS cards or anyone under-18 can have a ticket for £6 - but make sure you have ‘proof’ when you exchange your ticket for a wristband on TAKEOVER DAY, Saturday 13th October.
Note that children under 18 are allowed up to 9pm (if accompanied by a responsible adult).
ON THE DAY KIOSKS TO BUY WRISTBANDS OR EXCHANGE TICKETS
- Beeston Square between 10am and 4pm
- Outside the Star Inn, Hop Pole and Malt Shovel 4pm - late
13 Oct 2018 (2 days ago)
- 14:00–14:30: Jack Waterhouse
- 14:40–15:10: Nicole Forlida
- 15:30–16:10: BoatsOnTheOcean
- 16:30–17:00: Ben Hibbert
- 17:15–17:45: Bonbinôme
- 18:10–18:50: The Pictons
- 19:10–19:50: Ben Mark Smith
- 20:10–20:50: Lilac Grove
- 21:10–21:50: Miss Bowie & the New Killer Stars
- 22:10–22:50: Water for Dogs
- 23:10–23:50: Donna Bentley
Rye Café & Bar
The Malt Shovel
- 13:00–13:30: It Comes in Waves
- 13:45–14:15: Andrew Denham
- 14:30–15:00: JiJi LaVolpe
- 15:20–16:00: The Cellotapes
- 16:20–17:00: A Cappella Fellas
- 17:15–17:45: The Honeymoon Suite
- 18:00–18:40: The Lost Future
- 19:00–19:40: Scriptures
- 20:00–20:40: Foreign Accent
- 21:00–21:40: The Outriders
- 22:00–22:40: Highcroft
- 23:00–23:40: Barbarella Ella Ella
White Lion Bar & Kitchen
The Hop Pole
- 13:30–14:00: Leftychris
- 14:20–15:00: The Corndodgers
- 15:15–15:45: Rachel Baker
- 16:00–16:40: Shiftin' Sands
- 17:00–17:40: The Cluedo Club
- 18:00–18:40: Copperhead Road
- 18:50–19:30: The Led Boots
- 19:50–20:30: Last Arrow
- 20:50–21:30: Skyscrapers on Mars
- 21:50–22:30: Post Remedy
- 22:50–23:30: Ramshackle Men
The Star Inn
Rudyards Tea House
- 12:30–13:00: Phil Harrison
- 13:10–13:40: The Rachel Broadcast
- 13:50–14:20: Dan Bates
- 14:30–15:00: Hannah Marshall Music
- 15:10–15:40: George Gadd
- 16:00–16:30: Megan Ashmore
- 16:40–17:10: Steven Lai
- 17:20–17:50: Kieran Taylour
- 18:10–18:50: The StevieRich
- 19:00–19:30: Andy Fairbrother
- 19:40–20:10: Pop Orchestra
- 20:20–21:00: Paul Carbuncle
- 21:10–21:50: Access Soul Areas
White Lion Bar & Kitchen (Upstairs)
Beeston Victory Club
Pottle of Blues
Middle Street Resource Centre
The Crown Inn
Beeston Methodist Church Chilwell Rd
Canvas & Coffee Waffle House
Updates 1-10 of 125 Show all
From the Ramshacle Men - an awesome performance and a newly topical verse added to Sweet Home Alabama:
"Excellent audience participation!! Thank you to all at Oxjam and The Hop Pole for giving us the chance to have some fun! "
The Hop Pole was a lively place to be as the Ramshackle Men closed out the days' proceedings.
Check out the audience participation! Thanks for having us! @ramshackle_Men
Francesca Cullen :) :)
Jack Waterhouse :) :)
Pixie Styx :) :)
We saw Jinda yesterday at the Pottle of Blues, 13th October 2018 as part of the Beeston Oxjam. My husband and I thought he was brilliant!!! His performance was the highlight of the day and we'd seen a few bands/performers over the day. He was really entertaining, could do magic with his 2 guitars, especially the slide guitar sounded so exciting and enjoyable.He had some nice rapport with the audience, it felt really intimate and a privilege to hear him. It was very exciting when his pal Dave played with him. We'd love to see him again. His singing was really entertaining and enjoyable.
Well done Chris Bramley for filling in the gaps and keeping things going when other people didn't show up.
Great band but venue way too overcrowded. Nobody checking wristbands on door.
Anteloup are getting reading for their set at 7.20 at the Star, see you there!
Any ex-Alderman White students recognise the drummer? The legendary Geoff Liptrot!!