Showing Updates 226-250 of 1303
- 9 (previous)
- 11 (next)
OXJAM UNPLUGGED -THE FIRST PUBLIC EVENT OF OXJAM 2018!
Join us on Saturday 22nd September, for an evening of acoustic music at Middle Street Resource Centre.
Relax with a simple supper or snacks and a drink from the bar, whilst you listen to a wide ranging programme:
- A unique brand of Hungarian folk fusion from Foreign Accent
- Americana from The Cellotapes
- British/Celtic tunes and songs from the Beeston Ceilidh Collective
- And songs from popular troubadour and Oxjam regular Emma Bladon Jones.
Come along and help us on our way to break through the £100,000 barrier of money raised by our wonderful town!!
Available in advance from:
- Oxfam Books and Music on Beeston High Road (cash, cheques, cards)
- Online from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/445697 (+10% booking fee)
- Middle Street Resource Centre (cash preferred)
- Or on the door if available.
Tram and buses stop outside - some car parking on site or nearby
Door open 7.30pm
Middle Street Resource Centre, Middle Street, Beeston, NG9 2AR
On August 12th we held a concert in our garden in Newthorpe.
Shiftin’ Sands were our headline band, from the Oxjam Artist list.
We also persuaded a number of other musicians and singers to join the line-up, giving us a total of 7 different acts.
Due to the weather forecast being unpredictable we erected a number of gazebos and found enough seats for the 50 people that attended.
We provided food and drink, and with several people donating cakes, we managed to raise £300.
The afternoon was a wonderful experience, we had so many comments and e-mails from those that attended and performed, saying how much they had enjoyed the event.
Many thanks to Shiftin’ Sands and all our other acts for making the event so enjoyable.
If you like music, I would thoroughly recommend the Oxjam initiative, as it is a great way to raise money with family and friends.
OXJAM TICKETS ON SALE from Wednesday 25th July!
The industrious team at Oxjam Beeston HQ are busy cooking up plans for this year’s Oxjam Music Festival. Last year the festival raised a record breaking £22,000, bringing our running total of money raised for Oxfam since we started to a fantastic £85,000, and making Oxjam Beeston probably the most successful Oxjam in the country!
This year, if you are ‘super quick’, you can bag one of our ‘SUPER-EARLYBIRD’ tickets for TAKEOVER for just £8, saving £4 on the ‘on the day’ price. But hurry, these special tickets are limited in number. When they’re gone, our ‘earlybird’ price will be a tenner, available until the eve of TAKEOVER (ie Friday 12th October). ‘On the day’ price will be £12.
Students with NUS cards or anyone under-18 can have a ticket for £6 - but make sure you have ‘proof’ when you exchange your ticket for a wristband on TAKEOVER DAY, Saturday 13th October.
Also on sale - tickets for ‘Oxjam UNPLUGGED’ on September 22nd at Middle Street Resource Centre, for £7 each.
- Oxfam Books and Music on Beeston High Road (cash, cheques, cards);
- Super early bird tickets from https://www.wegottickets.com/event/446117
- Under 16/NUS tickets from https://www.wegottickets.com/event/446118
- ‘Unplugged’ tickets also available from Middle Street Resource Centre (cash preferred)
Many thanks to Richard Hinsley for playing his beautiful compositions on our piano at our house concert last Sunday afternoon. And thanks to all of you who came and raised £250 for Oxjam Beeston by buyng tickets and donating for refreshments.