Middle Street Resource Centre
from your current location
Middle Street Resource Centre was set up as a Mental Health Day Service in the 70’s and recently expanded its role to include the wider community in the Beeston Area.
We pride ourselves on a warm and friendly atmosphere and welcome all members of the local community.
The Building has an attractive cafe, activity rooms, meeting rooms and conference facilities. All of these are available for hire at very reasonable rates.
14 past concerts
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018: 17:30–18:00 The Lost Cause
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018: 16:45–17:15 The Halam Sessions
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018: 16:00–16:30 Beaty and The Badger
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018: 15:15–15:45 Bifocal
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018: 14:30–15:00 Fragile Sirens
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018: 13:45–14:15 January Moonlight
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2018: 13:00–13:30 AJAR
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2017: 13:00–17:00 Acoustic Chill Out
- Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2016: 13:30–17:00 Autumn Almanac
- Oxjam Unplugged: 20:00–22:30 Paul Carbuncle
- Oxjam Unplugged: 20:00–22:30 Andrew Tucker
- Oxjam Unplugged: 20:55–21:15 Emma Bladon Jones
- Oxjam Unplugged: 20:30–20:50 Christine Palethorpe
- Oxjam Unplugged: 20:00–20:20 Dave Mooney
Events at the venue:
Updates 1-10 of 15 Show all
OXJAM UNPLUGGED -THE FIRST PUBLIC EVENT OF OXJAM 2018!
Join us on Saturday 22nd September, for an evening of acoustic music at Middle Street Resource Centre.
Relax with a simple supper or snacks and a drink from the bar, whilst you listen to a wide ranging programme:
- A unique brand of Hungarian folk fusion from Foreign Accent
- Americana from The Cellotapes
- British/Celtic tunes and songs from the Beeston Ceilidh Collective
- And songs from popular troubadour and Oxjam regular Emma Bladon Jones.
Come along and help us on our way to break through the £100,000 barrier of money raised by our wonderful town!!
Available in advance from:
- Oxfam Books and Music on Beeston High Road (cash, cheques, cards)
- Online from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/445697 (+10% booking fee)
- Middle Street Resource Centre (cash preferred)
- Or on the door if available.
Tram and buses stop outside - some car parking on site or nearby
Door open 7.30pm
Middle Street Resource Centre, Middle Street, Beeston, NG9 2AR
Lewis Stainer from Be Seen Photography has created this video showing the highlights of the Oxjam Beeston Takeover, with an impressive variety of artists and venues!
Steve Plowright and friends at Middle Street Resource Centre. Photo: Chris Frost.
Lovely trad folk music at the Middle Street Resource Centre with Julie and Alisa Russell. What a warm atmosphere at the Centre.
Oxjam for families and children
We've been asked if children were welcome to Oxjam, and we're happy to tell you that it is mostly a child-friendly festival!
There are some restrictions that depend on venues' own licensing policies. We've tried to enquire about these policies were and we are giving you the information below to the best of our knowledge.
Daytime concerts (i.e. until 6pm, where wristbands aren't required) are open children of all ages.
In the evening, the British Legion welcomes children of all ages, while The Star, The White Lion and The Bar (with its two stages) welcome teenagers aged 14 and over when accompanied by an adult.